**2021 Update** Due to unforeseen life circumstances, I have had to make the very difficult decision to pause my doula practice until further notice. It has been my greatest honor these past 10 years to assist women and couples during this very magical, transformative, and incredibly precious time of their lives, and while I would love to be able to do this "work" for the rest of my days, I'm being called by the universe to other much needed service to the birth community, and the world community at large. I will continue to be an active member of the birth professionals community by teaching Hypnobabies classes, and offering hypnotherapy, coaching and birth recovery services to Orange County and around the world. Thank you to all of my past clients for inviting me into your lives and being a part of your special day. It truly has been a privilege that I could never adequately describe with words. xoxo
I am a trained DONA birth doula and a Hypnobabies® Hypno-doula, and am also trained in Spinning Babies techniques. Additionally, I am a certified Hypnotherapist with the National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH). Because of my extensive background in hypnosis, I specialize in Hypnotic Childbirth. In the same way dental and medical surgery patients hire a hypnotist to help keep them deep in hypnosis for medication-free surgeries, I provide hypnosis services that assist my doula clients to stay deep in hypnosis, utilizing the very same medical-grade hypno-anesthesia, for maximum comfort during their birthing journeys. Due to the increasing interest in my Hypnotherapy work, I am currently only taking clients who are new or experienced mothers desiring an elevated hypnotic childbirth experience for their baby's arrival, and choosing a birthing center (free-standing or in-hospital) or home birth for their birthing location. I currently take only 1 or 2 Hypno-doula clients a month, so booking early is advised.
I service all of Orange County, CA and surrounding areas within 1 hour from where I live in Santa Ana. My birth doula services include:
1 or 2 prenatal visits
Assistance preparing your birth plan
On-call availability for questions and/or concerns
Continuous support during your baby's birth and the 2 hours postpartum to help with breastfeeding and getting settled
1 postpartum visit to discuss your birth experience and answer any questions you may have
I also offer 3 complimentary hypnotherapy sessions to all of my doula clients. These can be scheduled during your pregnancy to work on any issues you feel could impact your pregnancy, birthing or motherhood journey. Sessions can also be scheduled after baby arrives, for issues such as: better postpartum sleep, breastfeeding, anxiety, confident mothering, etc. Please see my website or contact me for more details.
I currently exclusively work with couples who have taken, or plan to take, a live Hypnobabies® Class with me. Call or message me for pricing details!
*If you are choosing a hospital birth, please feel free to reach out for a referral to local hypno-doulas. I have several on my short list I'm sure you'll love!
**If you are a home study couple, I do offer the Home Study Advantage Class to supplement your training and can also help you find an amazing Hypno-doula! Contact me for details!
What is a Doula, what does she do and why is she beneficial?
The word "doula" comes from the ancient Greek meaning "a woman who serves"
A Doula is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth. A doula mothers the mother.
A birth doula also:
Views birth as a sacred and transformational time for a women, and helps guide this rite-of-passage into motherhood with sensitivity, compassion, encouragement, respect and care
Understands the physiology and emotionality of the birth process and gently supports the woman in both
Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth
Stays with the woman for any or all of her birth time
Provides the woman with informational support that she may need to make informed decisions, and facilitates communication between her, her partner and/or her care providers
Studies have shown the following benefits of having a doula present at birth:
45% reduction in c-section rates
25% shorter labor
60% reduction in epidural requests
50% reduction in pitocin use
31% reduction in analgesia use
34% reduction in forceps or vacuum deliveries
What is a Hypno-Doula?
Hypnobabies® Childbirth Hypnosis is a method of childbirth preparation that teaches hypnotic techniques, imagery and visualization to re-program the inner mind in a very positive way, which helps to lesson and in many cases, eliminate, discomfort and fear from the birthing experience.
For more information about Hypnobabies, click here.
In short, a trained Hypno-doula performs all of the same functions as a traditional birth doula, with the addition of:
1. Learn and practice Hypnobabies techniques and hypno-cues ahead of time with the Hypno-couple in a few Birthing Rehearsals, as well as use only Hypnobabies language and techniques at all times. This reinforces your practice and helps form a bond between you and your doula.
2. Be a liaison for the couple with hospital staff, explaining that they need darkness, solitude and quiet, keeping distraction to a minimum, etc.
3. Learn and use hypnotic Deepening techniques with the Hypno-mom, for use in Transformation (transition) stage.
4. Help with Fear Clearing and hypno-cues during your Birthing Time (trading off with the Birth Partner when he/she is tired, but not replacing the Birth Partner).
5. Learn and use Hypnobabies pushing techniques and with the Hypno-mom, for use in her pushing stage.
6. Help the Hypno-mom get up to change positions or go to the bathroom immediately after a birthing wave is over as the mom has learned to do. This and many other Hypno-Doula training techniques help the Hypnobabies birthing mother to remain in hypnosis as she changes positions, using Birth Prompts and her “Lightswitch” and “Peace” cues.
7. Remember that positional changes and upright positions are mainly used for descent and positioning of the baby and not for comfort in a Hypnobabies birth. When using hypnosis for childbirth, physical comfort comes from using hypnosis to flow deeper inside the inner mind, which also creates the deepest physical relaxation possible.