I am a trained DONA birth doula and a Hypnobabies® Hypno-doula, and am trained in Spinning Babies techniques. I am also a certified Hypnotherapist with the National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH). Because of my extensive background in hypnosis, I specialize in Hypnotic Childbirth. Due to the increasing interest in my Hypnotherapy work, I am currently only taking clients who are experienced hypno-moms, that are desiring an elevated hypnotic childbirth experience with second or subsequent birthings, and choosing a birthing center or home birth for their birthing location. I currently take only 1 or 2 Hypno-doula clients a month, so booking early is advised. I service all of Orange County, CA and surrounding areas within 1 hour from where I live in Santa Ana. My birth doula services include:
1 or 2 prenatal visits
Assistance preparing your birth plan
On-call availability for questions and/or concerns
Continuous support during your baby's birth and the 2 hours postpartum to help with breastfeeding and getting settled
1 postpartum visit to discuss your birth experience and answer any questions you may have
I also offer 3 complimentary hypnotherapy sessions to all of my doula clients. These can be scheduled during your pregnancy to work on any issues you feel could impact your pregnancy, birthing or motherhood journey. Sessions can also be scheduled after baby arrives. Please contact me for more details.
I currently exclusively work with couples who have taken, or plan to take, an in-person Hypnobabies® Class with me. Call or message me for pricing details!
*If you are a first time mom, or choosing a hospital birth, please feel free to reach out for a referral to local hypno-doulas. I have several on my short list I'm sure you'll love!
**If you are a home study couple, I do offer the Home Study Advantage Class to supplement your training and can also help you find an amazing Hypno-doula! Contact me for details!
What is a Doula, what does she do and why is she beneficial?
The word "doula" comes from the ancient Greek meaning "a woman who serves"
A Doula is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth. A doula mothers the mother.
A birth doula also:
Views birth as a sacred and transformational time for a women, and helps guide this rite-of-passage into motherhood with sensitivity, compassion, encouragement, respect and care
Understands the physiology and emotionality of the birth process and gently supports the woman in both
Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth
Stays with the woman for any or all of her birth time
Provides the woman with informational support that she may need to make informed decisions, and facilitates communication between her, her partner and/or her care providers
Studies have shown the following benefits of having a doula present at birth:
45% reduction in c-section rates
25% shorter labor
60% reduction in epidural requests
50% reduction in pitocin use
31% reduction in analgesia use
34% reduction in forceps or vacuum deliveries
What is a Hypno-Doula?
Hypnobabies® Childbirth Hypnosis is a method of childbirth preparation that teaches hypnotic techniques, imagery and visualization to re-program the inner mind in a very positive way, which helps to lesson and in many cases, eliminate, discomfort and fear from the birthing experience.
For more information about Hypnobabies, click here.
In short, a trained Hypno-doula performs all of the same functions as a traditional birth doula, with the addition of:
1. Learn and practice Hypnobabies techniques and hypno-cues ahead of time with the Hypno-couple in a few Birthing Rehearsals, as well as use only Hypnobabies language and techniques at all times. This reinforces your practice and helps form a bond between you and your doula.
2. Be a liaison for the couple with hospital staff, explaining that they need darkness, solitude and quiet, keeping distraction to a minimum, etc.
3. Learn and use hypnotic Deepening techniques with the Hypno-mom, for use in Transformation (transition) stage.
4. Help with Fear Clearing and hypno-cues during your Birthing Time (trading off with the Birth Partner when he/she is tired, but not replacing the Birth Partner).
5. Learn and use Hypnobabies pushing techniques and with the Hypno-mom, for use in her pushing stage.
6. Help the Hypno-mom get up to change positions or go to the bathroom immediately after a birthing wave is over as the mom has learned to do. This and many other Hypno-Doula training techniques help the Hypnobabies birthing mother to remain in hypnosis as she changes positions, using Birth Prompts and her “Lightswitch” and “Peace” cues.
7. Remember that positional changes and upright positions are mainly used for descent and positioning of the baby and not for comfort in a Hypnobabies birth. When using hypnosis for childbirth, physical comfort comes from using hypnosis to flow deeper inside the inner mind, which also creates the deepest physical relaxation possible.